HOW TOTE BAGS OF LOVE DID IN 2015
Tote Bags of Love brought the community together at 41 Production Events. The results of these events were the following.
– Over 500 Weather Proof Tote Bags that have been given to various shelters throughout Macomb County, various churches holding MCREST, given to various organizations that will be passing them out to our homeless community and halfway houses for our veterans.
– Over 200 Multi-Use Tote Bags were given to seniors, young parents, children, and veterans.
– Over 200 Hand-Tied Fleece Blankets that were given to Macomb Charitable Foundation to give to homeless children
– We have donated 313 mini duffel bags to the Women Marines Association for the February 14, 2015 event that will was held at the Romeo Masonic Temple. In addition, we have donate over 300 full size Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Wash that will be put in the mini duffel bags at the event. Women Marines Association will be sending these and other items overseas to our military.
– Adopted a family for the holidays and gave the following.
- 3 Visa Gift Cards to be use as needed by the family with a value over $1,200.00
- Every child had several Christmas presents and so did the parents. Some of the gifts consisted of a new winter jacket, snow pants, long johns, shirts, pants, etc.
- In the category of food
- 40 lbs. of boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 2 very large pork lions
- Bags of nonperishable food items – various types of canned goods, pasta, so very much more……
- Several bags of household items – case of toilet paper, case of garbage bags, boxes of Kleenex, cleaning supplies, etc.
Spread the word about Tote Bags of Love by either speaking at or attending 21 organization’s events.